Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Lake Champion

Two weeks ago I attended a women's retreat lead by my home church. I was a bit skeptical at first in going because that would've meant leaving the little one alone with my husband for the first time since he was born. After much thought and prayer I decided to sign up for the retreat a few hours before the deadline. Boy am I glad I did.

It. Was. Phenomenal.

Upon arrival I immediately realized how much I needed to get away and be with the Lord. Not to say I can't be with Him in the city, but there's something wonderful about retreating and fellowshipping with other Jesus loving women, away from the stresses of family life.

The weather could not have been any better. The air could not smelled any fresher. The birds could not have sung any more beautifully. 

This was my time.
Just me and the Lord.

Our God is an awesome God. He extended grace to us when we didn't deserve it. He bore our sin on the cross and took the punishment we deserved. He rose from the dead giving us life through His Spirit. He rules over us with loving kindness. He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. My heart will forever praise Him!










No comments:

Post a Comment