Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My desire to adopt


For those who know me, know that I am very passionate about adoption and raising a huge family. I believe this stems from the fact that I am one of 4 siblings, with all 3 of them being boys (and yes, I was the princess of the house, the only girl). My husband on the other hand is only one of two but thankfully, he shares the same passion as I do. Even before we were married we discussed the possibility of having a large family, including some of our own children as well as adopting how ever many God would allow us to have.

Scripture tells us that before we were saved, we were considered orphans, helpless, sick, poor, and needy. We were lost in our sin and shame, but God being rich in mercy rescued us and adopted us as His own, making us His sons and daughters, giving us identity in Him. Romans 8:15 says, For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”.
God relentlessly pursued us, so what greater way to demonstrate the gospel than to pursue those who are in need and extend the same love we've received to them?

Here's a link to a video on adoption that I love to watch over and over again. It serves as a motivation for me in pursuing adoption.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR9UyFh-PJk&feature=player_embedded


God decided in advance to adopt us into His own family by bringing us to Himself through Jesus Christ. This is what He wanted to do, and it gave Him great pleasure. - Ephesians 1:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment