Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tuesday

Many would say a day off is like indulging in a box of chocolates! YUCK! Most of you who know me are very aware that I am not, I repeat I am not, a lover of sweets! So let me rephrase my opening statement... A day off is like indulging in a bag of cheese doodles, onion rings, and/or jalapeƱo chips.
Now that's more like it!

Here's what my day was comprised of. Lunch with the greatest guy on earth (My Husband), paint shopping for our apartment, (which by the way we've putting on the back burner since October of last year and have not yet done one single thing decorative wise), food shopping at Trader Joe’s and last but not least mani & pedi with my dear friend Mel Martin (she's my cool pastor's wife).

1st stop....Lunch at Ridgewood Eats, which was just ok. We normally have lunch every Saturday at our favorite spot (and of course I forget the name haha), but unfortunately due to the Easter holiday, they were closed... Bummer.



2nd stop...Choosing paint colors at Benjamin Moore was a hassle. Way too many colors to choose from. Finally, we narrowed it down to 2 shades of gray. As we proceeded to paint the walls, we realize the colors were darker then the pallet we originally chose. Fortunately we only purchased samples. Oh well, back to square one.





3rd stop...Love love love going to Trader Joe’s, maybe not so much for the food (which there is an abundance of budget friendly and healthy food options), but more for the ambiance, neighborhood, and awesome customer service. It's also right next to Michaels, one of my favorite stores when I’m in need of craft supplies.





4th and last but certainly not least stop...Spending time with my darling friend Mel is always a treat. This time we decided to spend our night at a local nail salon. Afterwards we both realized how much we needed the relaxing massage on our legs, feet, and back courtesy of the nail tech.







Back home now! What a productive and restful day.Thank you Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Cool! Didn't know you had a blog! Keep it up! :) Karl

    ReplyDelete