Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Saute chicken & Black beans
Anthony and I have decided to try a new plate, hopefully every other day.
This was our dinner last night.
Saute chicken & Black beans. (Notice I added a fried egg to my plate) this made it even more YUMMY!
Here are my ingredients and preparations…
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, about 6 ounces each
• Sea salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• Powder garlic
• Juice of 1 lime
Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, and place them skin side down in the pan. Cook, turning once, until firm to the touch, about 10 minutes per side. Add the lime juice to the skillet, and scrape up any browned bits that cling to the pan with a wooden spoon. Ready and transfer to plate.
• 1 can GOYA black beans, drained
• 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 pkt. Goya Sazon coriander & annatto seasoning
• ½ tsp. ground black pepper
• Garlic, minced
• Onion, chopped
• Red or green bell pepper, chopped
Heat the oil in a sauce pan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Saute onion, garlic, bell pepper and parsley for 3 minutes. Add ¼ cup water to saucepan, (let it heat for about a 1-2 min). Add beans and the Goya sazon with coriander & annatto seasoning. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Divide beans evenly among serving plates.